Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fav Poems n Short Stories # 5

How came Beauty Against This Blackness

But the beauty is not the madness
Tho' my errors and wrecks lie about me
And I am not a demigod,
I cannot make it cohere.

If love is not in the house there is nothing
The voice of famine unheard,
How came beauty against this blackness,
Twice beauty under the elms --
To be saved by squirrels and blue jays!


-Ezra Pound



Linda's Hearth
note: I have loved this poem since I first saw it, had it posted above my desk on the blinds, when we lived at Barson St and Canfield Ave, Santa Cruz "Surf City", California. Posting it "centered", takes something away from the original scripting: it was flush left, with the first and last line indented 5 spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Comments which are abusive, libelous, threatening, or otherwise objectionable may be removed by the editor. Comments which remain posted may or may not reflect the views of the editor. I welcome your comments, suggestions, critiques, and updates.