A Countywide Community Engagement Summit
Saturday, Dec. 1 **10am - 4pm**
Cabrillo College (Dining Room in Building 900)
Lunch and snacks provided
What can we do about Homelessness in Santa Cruz County? The question itself strikes a passionate chord, with strong and divergent views in the community. There are many public and community based organizations providing programs and services to people who are homeless. Law enforcement and emergency response resources are used to address symptoms of homelessness. Neighborhoods, parks and business districts are impacted by homelessness, often in significant ways. However there is common ground - we all want less homelessness.
No single entity or program can address these issues on their own. We need a community-wide response and that means each and every one of us has a part to play.
Would you like to be part of the solution? Please join us at a community-built and countywide conference on homelessness with these objectives:
- Create broader and more diverse community engagement on homelessness.
- Develop better communication & coordination among those concerned about these issues.
- Improve understanding of the realities of homelessness in Santa Cruz County.
- Share information about proven, successful models and solutions working in other communities including some that are taking shape in Santa Cruz County.
- Develop a shared vision for change and agreed upon action steps.
- Form an ongoing community leadership group to carry the work forward on shaping policies to address homelessness.
We are seeking participation from all geographic areas of Santa Cruz County and representatives from all stakeholder groups including business, faith-based organizations, service providers, neighborhood groups and service clubs, law enforcement, elected officials, professionals, and people who are homeless or formerly homeless. Spanish language translation will be provided.
Event registration is required - go to www.smartsolutionstohomelessness.org to sign up. If you have questions please contact Phil Kramer, Project Coordinator at email@example.com or (831) 334-4976.
We look forward to your participation -
# # # # # # #
Please let me know if you have any questions and how I can help.
Smart Solutions to Homelessness Summit